1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Would you buy windows xp on ebay

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rebon, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rebon

rebon Thread Starter

Would you buy windows xp on ebay UK?
    Need a new legit copy of xp, my desktop pc is completely messed up and I need to reinstall xp, (am using my laptop to post this), I can not find my original xp disk anywhere, must have put it away for safety, yeah real safety given I can not find it anywhere. :( :mad:

If I rang M$ I wonder if they allow me to use the same xp activation code that is on my laptop? Like a second user licence, for a price of course.

Damn it where did I put the thing :mad: :mad:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The real danger with a "used" version is that you cannot guarantee that it is not already installed on the seller's PC, and that in the future if he updates/reinstalls it you could be locked out due to the activation code being already assigned.

But, if you already have a legit version installed, run the "magic jellybean" program (Google will find it for you) and retrieve your CD key from the installed version. Then ring Microsoft and try for another copy, the cost of media only will be low. You have the licence.

3. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Yea if you already have a legitimate copy running on the desktop, I'm pretty sure MS will ship you a new copy of the CD for a small shipping fee if you call them. Let us know what happens.

4. rebon

rebon Thread Starter

Panic over found the original cd, was in my mother board packaging box ?? Dont have a clue how it got there though??? everyone is denying moving it :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice