Tech Support Guy banner

.."Would your life have been different if it had been banana-flavoured?"

Solved 
1K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Tuppence2 
G
#1 ·
Hello,

Makes you think doesn't it? Or may be it doesn't! :D

Actually, it's a quote from Terry Pratchett's "The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents".

The remark is addressed to a foundling, with whom had been found the note "19 Pints and a strawberry yoghurt"

"Aha! Mysterious orphan, strange talent, distressed upbringing....it's all shaping up", said Malicia. "The strawberry yoghurt is probably not important. Would your life have been different if it had been banana-flavoured? Who can say? What kinds of music do you play?

"Kinds? There aren't any kinds. There's just music," said Keith. "There's always music, if you listen."

#2 ·
Penny: I think your life is already banana flavored! :D Take care. angel :)

G
#3 ·
:D :cool: Angel - what flavour is yours?

It's a good book - I'm enjoying it - deals with the idea of consciousness, ethics, God, right and wrong, etc. but all in Terry Pratchett's own, eccentric way.

G
#5 ·
:D :p LB Yes, talking cats and educated rodents going through the process of become "aware" of themselves - The dilemma of whether to eat your brother or not is quite an interesting one, now that you know he is your brother!!

Beware the banana skins of life;)

Penny

#11 ·
Penny: Ok I 've thought about this....and I guess I would say right now it's the flavor of my favorite lite yogurt....chocolate mint! :) But hopefully over the summer it will improve to lemon chiffon or strawberry delight. :) Take care. angel :)

G
#12 ·
:D :cool: Smashing choice Angel. We don't get mint flavoured chocolate yoghurt here, more's the pity:(

There's a line in a song isn't there, "Life is Not a Bowl of Cherries" - perhaps it's a bowl of yoghurt instead!!

That's a thought, life is a dessert:D

You take care too;)

#13 ·
Penny: The chocolate mint yogurt is Meijer's brand and it is beyond delicious!!! :) You'd love it and it doesn't even taste like it's lite yogurt. It's a pretty shade of mint green too. Meijer's has the best flavors to choose from! Their lemon chiffon is sooo delicious too! And they have apple pie flavor too! I bet Meijer's isn't in the UK though right? :( Wish I could send you some! Take care. angel :)

#14 ·
Well, I am insulted by this thread!! You see, I was born with a very rare skin condition that gives it a yellow tinge and also smells and tastes like bananas. I can go to the zoo, but nowhere near the monkeys because they go ape u Know what when I get near the cages. People look at me strangely whenever I go to resuraunts because they think their banana split or sundae is coming and look very disappointed when I walk by sans the ice cream. I was thinking of starting an organization for my fellow banana skinned freaks, but alas my condition is so rare that club meetings would be pointless and I fear I am net to alone in my freakieness. Please be kind when you see me out in public. Your friend.....Banana Bob!!

#15 ·
So Rockn if you sit around to long do you develop brown spots? If I stick you in a bag of apples will you ripen quicker?

G
#20 ·
Perhaps we need a "Preserve the Banana Bob Society", what with him being so rare! Wonder what sort of preserve would work best!!

There's always that stuff you put on the bottom of boats...!!!!

:D :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.