1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wow FPS - Help!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Wombatan, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wombatan

Wombatan Thread Starter

So basically i installed Wow & TBC to try it out and see if it would be any fun.
    I get around 40-50FPS and sometimes it even drops to 20fps in very populated areas.

My speccs are:
    Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2,50 GHz
    1,0GB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT

And i run this with Windows XP 32bit

Are there anyways to atleast improve my fps so it gets stable? if you know please give me a tell.

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

That sounds about right really.
    You can uncheck V-Sync and that will allow your FPS to go over 60.
    But even the best systems get low fps in populated areas.
    There is just so many different people, all with unique gear, it's tough to draw all that.

My system is close to yours and thats kinda what I get.
    Been in Shattrath City and hit 8fps at times. so many people. :rolleyes:
    You can lower the spell detail in game, that helps too. Weather effects, shadows.. little extras that make it look nice, but hurt your fps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757847

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice