1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WoW fps

Discussion in 'Games' started by zimquo, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zimquo

zimquo Thread Starter

For the most part I am getting about 20fps while playing World of Warcraft. I feel thats kind of low but thats not the problem really. every 5 minutes or so, the fps drops to 2 or 3 fps for about 30 seconds to a minute. Then is goes back to about 20. I have 1.5 gig of ram and a gforce 8500 video card. 2.21Ghz cpu. Is it my video card dieing or memory problem? Any Idea will help. Please

2. sup2a

sup2a

does it drop around crowded areas or is it at a certain time? have you closed any background apps? if you are thinking it may be a card problem update the drivers from tha manufacturer's site

3. zimquo

zimquo Thread Starter

it drops everywhere. I did updates on graphics card and everything else I could think of that might affect it. and everything else is closed, even back ground stuff.

4. sup2a

sup2a

how is your connection speed? does the latency go way up when these drops occur?

5. zimquo

zimquo Thread Starter

latency stays at 100-200

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700475

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice