1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wow now this is a problem LoL

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by madeye, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. madeye

madeye Thread Starter

Hi,
    Hoping someone can give me some direction on where to go here. I am having trouble with windows XP on my laptop. Im not sure if its a hardware problem or software but when I go to start it it will automatically go to the screen where it asks to start in safe mode or normally but the only option highlighted is start normally and it wont let me move up or down to pick another option. I notice if I push M for some reason it will go to the windows loading screen like its going to start but then a blue screen flashes with some kind of message but its just a flash and it restarts and the same thing happens all over again.

I tried putting in the windows disk and starting it from the CD but it ignores the fact I push the button it says to do that. and f2 to get to the setup screen also doesnt work.

Basically it is broke LoL. I dont really see anyway to fix it or even figure out whats wrong with it. Its stuck in a loop that gives no information.

Any ideas? Does this sound like a possible hardware problem? Yet the harddrive seems to be working, no unusual noises.

2. Cookies

Cookies

2 things you might try. Use the system file checker utility to repair corrupt or damaged Windows files. Start, Run, type in "command" (no quotes). At the black DOS screen, type in "sfc /scannow" (no quotes and don't forget the space). This might take a few minutes, and you should be prompted for your XP CD -- pop it in. Reboot if prompted when done.

You can also try restoring your system to before this trouble began. Here's how: Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore. Click on Restore my computer to an earlier time. Click on Next, and pick a date from the calendar, click on Next.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

It sounds like there amy be a problem with the keyboard, like a stuck key or something. Check the keys and vacuum them out. You may need to do a repair installation, but you'll need keyboard access for that!

4. madeye

madeye Thread Starter

just a follow up on this my keyboard needed replaced. took it to the computer store they replaced it but now the sound doesnt work Lol took it back and they had broke the volume strip taking the keyboard out but rather than taking the blame for it they tell me the motherboard is fried. So I said ok I want all my parts and im going to take it to another location and have them inspect it. all of a sudden the part is gonna be free. I got the part but the sound still doesnt work, seriously think they bugged it somewhere but i got an external card so oh well. Just wish people would own up to their mistakes though LoL.

/vent off haha sorry guys

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Start a thread on your sound since you're here anyway.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224589

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice