1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wow settings confusion

Discussion in 'Games' started by Urban4me, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Urban4me

Urban4me Thread Starter

First Name:
    Michael
    Ok here is my setup two 1080 FTW in sli a 6850k rampage v extreme edition 10 ASUS xonar essence six ii 7.1 sound card 128 GB Corsair dominator platinum ram one Samsung 850 512 gigabytes pro running windows and game and a Samsung Evo one terabyte for storage music and files. The recommended setting for wow is seven but I am able to max everything thing out even past what wow interface allows and I still get great performance in most areas. But some zones mainly nighthold and broken isles not broken shore I get sort of crappy performance fluctuations between 160 fps all the way down to 20 fps. I ran emerald nightmare with about seventeen people and the fps stayed above 100 the whole time, while in nighthold it sits around 30 fps and above. My question is could wow not be made to utilize my setup what I am running and causes the game to perform badly? I would also like to add if I overclock my graphics cards to +140 wow will freeze but not my computer. So again could it be that wow cannot read my system so I am not getting the performance I should be able to get. Or could it be that my system is not enough for wow? Scratch that about broken shore it also drops below 60 fps. Do I need to build a better system to get the performance that I want?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    No not likely. You sound to have an awesome rig.

You didn't mention the make or model of your power supply?

3. Urban4me

Urban4me Thread Starter

First Name:
    Michael
    I have a Corsair AX1200i, and thank you for the compliment.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Yes. Yw. It's probably an optimazation issue with WoW

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1187894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice