1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WP Suite8 help?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Drumr4, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Drumr4

Drumr4 Thread Starter

I purchased a form over the web and printed that generalized version out from the site. I imported that document into my WP for editing purposes, as the seller's site suggests.

Once I got the document into WP, the text no longer flowed to the margins on either side of the page. I have checked and changed everything I can think of......even tried using "negative" margin numbers! Checked paper size, orientation, typesetting, etc. The reference lines down the sides change, but the text won't move with them. No text is actually touching either margin.

The copy I printed from the seller's site looks like any ordinary text document.....everything in proper order.

P.S. Perhaps I should add that my time at the seller's site has expired, so they are no longer of any help.

I'd be thankful for any ideas on this.

2. Tipacanoe

Tipacanoe

Hi,

Have you tried saving the form as ASCII DOS text and re-opening as WP, ie:

File
    Save As
    File Type ASCII DOS text
    Save, keeping the txt extension after Naming your file
    Close
    File Open
    Selext txt file name
    At prompt, accept conversion

Although you may lose some forms features, such as graphics and whatever technicality is giving you the problem, you should retain the text.

Let me know.

Thanks and Happy Boxing Day.

:D

3. Drumr4

Drumr4 Thread Starter

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I printed out the instructions so I'd be sure to do it correctly, but it didn't seem to have any effect on the document.

I decided to do what I had been putting off.....I simply started at the beginning and typed up a whole new document. I worked off the original copy, and modified as I went!

This brings up another WP question.....now I have several different versions of that same document that show up when I open up WP and click on "File". I'd like to delete the ones I'll no longer use, but can't find a way to do it!!

Thanks again for taking the time to help,
    Pam

4. Tipacanoe

Tipacanoe

Hi Pam,

To delete a file in WP, select:

File
    Open
    Highlight Name of File to Delete
    Right Click Mouse
    Highlight "Delete" From Drop Down Menu
    Left Click

Your file should be gone.

Happy New Year!

Tip

5. Drumr4

Drumr4 Thread Starter

Happy New Year!

It worked like a charm...I kept trying to delete files from the drop-down list that appears when you first click on "Files". Absolutely doesn't work from there!

Thanks for the help,
    Pam

6. Tipacanoe

Tipacanoe

You're most welcome!:)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice