1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wps file & cant read contents ?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by davems, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davems

davems Thread Starter

Hello

I have just changed my old system that I was quite happy with after a powercut and computer failing to restart.

The old System was XP and this replacement machine is Vista Home Premium.

The only MS Office Disc I had is from the old one and have loaded it, ( Office 2000 Premium)

The files I have from the old machine on stick have in the main transfered fine and are now viewed in Doc form on this vista unit.

But and this is the problem I need help with at present.
    Some files appear as WPS and are unable to read. they are in a sort of Binary code.

I have tried opening the files and saving as Rich Text etc etc but still read in mixed up code type. on this vista.

the files are as one can guess the important ones "prof & Loss Rtns" "accounts" etc etc.

Help please.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!