1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

.wps format

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sweetcheekies, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sweetcheekies

sweetcheekies Thread Starter

I was sent a file in .wps format. I have downloaded microsoft works and I still cant open it. what else can i do? i have tried changing the file extension to something else but all i get is mumble jumble. please please can someone help me.. my husband needs this for a hockey tournament.

sweet

2. Bruce319

Bruce319

I believe Works has an .wks extension. What you need is Wordperfect. What you need to do with Words or Works is to make sure when you open your file to change the "Files of Type" to one of the Works version available in the drop down menu. If you still get jumble, then perhaps the original file was bad to begin with.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If the converters have been installed Microsoft Word should open it, but I do not think you can do so with the basic Works one.

Bruce is right that its a WordPerfect file.

You could contact the sender and ask them to send it in a format you can use.

Its a bit presumptuous for someone to assume that others would use Word Perfect, its a good program but does not have a high number of users.

4. sweetcheekies

thank you I will look into it and let you all know how i made out :)

5. XL Guru

XL Guru

>> Bruce is right that its a WordPerfect file

Not necessarily -- could be Works word processor doc.

Rgds,
    Andy

6. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Could be right XL Guru, WP used both from memory.

It would make more sense as well, that some people would assume that everyone would have "Works" more than WordPerfect.

If its a Works file, it "should" have opened with Works however, unless its a version incompatability issue.

7. sweetcheekies

well its not working in anything so opening this file is outta the question. thanks for all the help regardless.. unless by some miracle this thing opens i am done with it.. lol

Sweet

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice