1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Write Combining

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by motocross95, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motocross95

motocross95 Thread Starter

I recently figured out the problem why I couldn't play counterstrike, and the reason I was failing the directdraw tests under the DXdiag program. In XP under properties click on the settings tab, then advanced, then troubleshoot. You should see a little slider that says the amount of hardware acceleration. Well under that there is a checkbox to Enable Write Combining. It seems like it would be beneficial to have it checked. Can anyone explain why it is that my computer might not be able to handle it, and what I can do to have it checked and be able to play games. Thank you.

2. brianF

brianF

Not all machines are able to use that option, it changes the way the video card writes information to the memory buffers. Some motherboards and bios will not be able to use the option.

Best I can give ya

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice