Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Write Disk Protected

777 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rainforest123 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

This is Ekant this side. I am using Acer Aspire 5742Z from more than a year. However, since last month I am facing a "Write Disk Protected" problem, for which I didn't get a single workable solution. I hope you guys can help me with this.

What my actual problem is:

I have a 500GB hard drive, and I have created three partition namely; C:, D:,and E:

C drive is of 99 GB, D drive is also of 107 GB, E Drive: 285

But last month, when I booted my system, I could only find C Drive, and all other drives were invisible, don't know why, and increased my C Drive Disk Capacity from 99 GB to 465 GB. Then I tried to look for a solution on many forums, and found that find and mount can help me out with my invisible partitions, and I installed it instantly, and it really helped me finding my invisible partitions. However, now I need to run find and mount, every time I start my laptop, to mount my invisible partitions. And if i don't run it, the windows explorer shows on C Drive with a disk capacity of 465 GB.

And to my amazed, soon I discovered that both D Drive and E Drive have become 'Write Disk Protected', and neither I can create and file in any of those drives, and nor I can delete any existing files.

Now when I am trying to format my computer with new copy of windows 7, it doesn't read the DVD, and nor the USB Flash Drive (Both are boot-able as they are tried and tested on another computer).

Hope my issue is clear to all of you.

Please help me soon.

See less See more
#2 ·
this is why.
Mounting partitions
After Scan finishes, you will see the full list of found partitions. Now, you can add any found partition to the system by mounting and assigning a letter to it.

All partitions are mounted in the read-only mode. You won't be able to alter files on such partitions, but only to copy files off that partition. This guarantees that the data cannot be altered by the operating system or any software (including malware).
if possible remove the laptop hard drive and connect to another Pc via a usb cradle and try format from there,(ntfs) if that works pop it back in the laptop and try installing windows again.

#3 ·
ekant:
Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum

Please run this forum's system info utility & post the results.
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

Would you describe yourself as a beginning, intermediate or advanced computer user?

RIGHT click "computer"
Left click "manage"
Maximize the screen
On the left, left click "disk management"
Create a screenshot.
Save as .jpg / jpeg

Return to this thread.
Use "go advanced"
Left click "manage attachments"
Upload the .jpg
Left click "submit reply"

Are you logged into W7 as a member of the admin account, or as a guest?

Where do you see "write protected". Please provide a screen shot.

Have you verified in your BIOS that the optical drive & flash drive are enabled? Have you verified if they are part of the boot order / boot menu in the BIOS?

RF123

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.