write protected card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

eduardo

hi

i have an olympus d390 camera, when i open the camera an error apears saying "Write Protected".

when i look in the camera manual it says that the card have been protected using a computer, and for unprotect it i have to use a computer.

i conect the camera to a PC and check if the foder on the card was set as read only...but it hasnt, the card is asume for the pc as a drive...and i dont know how to unprotect it.

thanks

Are you sure your memory card isn't write protected ?

Have a look at this SmartMedia card.

You will see a little circle in the right center of the card, this is the write-protect area.

To make a SmartMedia memory card read only place a write-protect adhesive seal over the circle. Removing the write-protect adhesive seal will make the card like it was before so you can place data or your photos back on it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online