1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

write protected card

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by eduardo, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eduardo

eduardo Thread Starter

hi

i have an olympus d390 camera, when i open the camera an error apears saying "Write Protected".

when i look in the camera manual it says that the card have been protected using a computer, and for unprotect it i have to use a computer.

i conect the camera to a PC and check if the foder on the card was set as read only...but it hasnt, the card is asume for the pc as a drive...and i dont know how to unprotect it.

thanks

2. plejon

plejon

Are you sure your memory card isn't write protected ?

Have a look at this SmartMedia card.

[​IMG]

You will see a little circle in the right center of the card, this is the write-protect area.

To make a SmartMedia memory card read only place a write-protect adhesive seal over the circle. Removing the write-protect adhesive seal will make the card like it was before so you can place data or your photos back on it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220712

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice