1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Write Protected disk

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ojas, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ojas

ojas Thread Starter

I have a Kingmax 256MB Memory stick which we used once and went to format it and got the prompt "Write Protected Disk" can any one tell how to unwrite protect it. It has no switch on it to lock it or write protect it. Thanks.

2. Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

Are there any files left on it? If so try sending them to a spare folder for the time being then try to format the drive.

3. coderitr

coderitr

There's a toggle switch on it that will allow you to write to it. Look harder.

4. ojas

ojas Thread Starter

there is no toggle switch on the stick it's a Kingmax the one where the USB part slides out and locks.

5. coderitr

coderitr

It must have a switch. A USB drive that is read only would be completely useless.

6. ojas

ojas Thread Starter

There is no switch I can't format or post files onto the stick it prompts to say that it is write protected and cannot find anywhere to unwrite it. My other memory sticks don't have any switches and they work fine. It's only the Kingmax stick that does that.

7. ojas

ojas Thread Starter

Yes I found the little switch and the stick works really well thanks to you all.Ojas

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/395701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice