1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Write protected flash drive?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wilbur, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wilbur

Wilbur Thread Starter

I have an "LGear" 16 gb usb flash drive, when I transfer files to it eventually I'll get a pop up telling me the disk is write protected. I've tried formatting it many times, whenever I transfer files to it after a while I get a "dish is write protected" message. When I check it's properties I see it's write protected.
    When I remove it from my laptop (running Vista 64) and then plug it into a USB port windows detects the problem and "fixes" the problem, I format it but have the same problem every time I try to use it.

I'm just about ready to chuck it in the garbage, before I di is there anything else I could try?
    I have this problem on our Vista and XP computers, only with this one stick, I have 3 others thatt work fine.
    Thanks
    Will

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

is there a switch on the side of the drive that's still in locked position?

3. Wilbur

Wilbur Thread Starter

DOH! Is that what that;s for? :eek:

Just kidding, no, there's no switch.

4. jazz3000

jazz3000

they do come with them ya know. LOL - I think maybe tossing it into the trash might be an option. But me? I'd send it back to the manufacturer and say give me another one because this piece of #$%@ doesn't work.

5. Wilbur

Wilbur Thread Starter

I gave my friend my old 16 gig stick, he bought me this one to replace it, it's never really worked right, POC!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/948241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice