1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Write protection of smart card

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jvwert, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jvwert

jvwert Thread Starter

I have had a problem getting a SanDisk SD 64 meg card back in action after deleting a bunch of files on it. I use it only for image work, and read it in a SanDiak 6 in 1 reader, which works fine with other cards - in the same slot. My system tells me it is write protected, and I cannot even re-format it.

I spent severl hours searching through two XP books and on the machine trying to get anything on write protection, and how to cancel it. I have no idea how it happened, as all I did was delete image files (jpg's).

Any help will be appreciated, as I really want to put this disk back in action, not that I have a new digital camera. How to I return this disk to writable status?

jvwert

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The SD card will likely have a small sliding "write protect switch" on it.

Is this in the correct position?

3. jvwert

jvwert Thread Starter

Thanks, much, kiwiguy. Strangely, I had been aware of that switch several months ago, but completely forgot it. Somehow it got switched to the protected position, which I just corrected, and wrote to the card. Stupid of me - yes?. Comes with old age, as I am 82, but still trying. Thanks, again. This time I will remember it - that's for sure.

jvwert

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You are welcome!

Glad it is fixed...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice