1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Write Protection... Please help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by KJ07, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KJ07

KJ07 Thread Starter

I am trying to put music on my mothers MP3 player, which i have done before multipul times, but now everytime i try to move a file from my music file to her MP3 file, it says "Cannot create or replace file: The disk is write protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk." i dont know how to remove the write protection. i tried to move other files to the MP3, but all files give me the same message, even the ones that are already in the MP3 folder... i dont know what to do... please help ~KJ

2. Carey934

Carey934

What is the make and model of the MP3 player?

3. KJ07

KJ07 Thread Starter

hmm. its some cheap thing that she got at bath and body works, it only holds fifty songs, i dont know how to find out what make and model it is

4. Carey934

Carey934

It doesn't have any writing on it anywhere?

5. KJ07

KJ07 Thread Starter

yeah it has bath and body works written on it, its memory is Flash 256MB, WMa Bit Ratio is 64KBPS-320KBPS and MP3 Bit Ratio 8KBPS- 320KBPS

6. Carey934

Carey934

There isn't a tiny little switch on it somewhere, is there? Or you might try looking through the menus to see if write protection is an option?

7. KJ07

KJ07 Thread Starter

well, the only tiny switch on it is the power switch and i have already tried to change the write protection, no luck

8. Carey934

Carey934

Will it let you delete any songs?

9. KJ07

KJ07 Thread Starter

nope i get the same message

10. Carey934

Carey934

Does it behave the same if you plug it into another PC?

11. KJ07

KJ07 Thread Starter

i dont know, i dont have another PC

12. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

One thing is on fixing something. It is almost impossible to fix something when we do not know what make and model it is, sort of like me asking an auto mechanic to fix my car and not giving him the car. Please give the information needed heck we do not even know what kind of a PC you have or the Operating System or anything else, we got to get out of the dark.

13. Carey934

Carey934

I suggest you take it to a friends computer and see if it behaves the same way. You must know someone with a PC...

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice