Writing to a Disc~

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

moogle_man

Hopefully someone can help me with this that might be a problem.

A long time ago, whenever I was making a DVD or just writing to a DVD, I could do things while it was going on because it would barely use any resources. Unfortunately, a couple of months ago (I think), the computer no longer does that, and whenever I write to a DVD or just normal data to a disc (no matter what program I use), the computer will become almost unusable.

This is what the Task Manager will look like when making the disc.

It had never done that before prior to my knowledge. I think I have all the right drivers and such installed, but I am not exactly sure. I did format+Reinstall everything, but I don't recall if it did it before that or not.

Is there an actual problem, or is this actually normal? Thanks to anyone who replies. :D

Here are my system specs~
HP Pavilion DV6609wm
Windows XP Professional (v.2002) Service Pack 3
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2
Dual-Core Processor TK-55
1 gig of Ram, 1.80GHz
Physical Address Extension

TerryNet

Terry
I'm not an expert on this but to me that Task Manager screen shot looks good--I can't see anything in the memory or CPU usage that would indicate you experiencing particular slowness.

The only thing I can think of is that if you don't have all the correct drivers, especially the chipset ones, maybe the dual processors are not working properly. Check HP's web site to make sure you have the latest drivers. Note that there may be one set for XP 32-bit and another for XP 64-bit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online