1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Writing to CD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by NickP72, Jun 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickP72

NickP72 Thread Starter

After rendering songs I have recorded on my home studio Digital Audio Workstation - Reaper, I get an error message if I try to burn it to CD.

I tried both Native CD Burning - result Can't set active CD recorder error message and cdrecord/cdrtools - result CD Recorder error report.

There isn't an issue with the CD drive, which is internal, being recognised. I also tried with an external drive with the same result.

If I try to burn to CD by dropping the file into the drive it appears to burn but when I play the CD it can't be read. I have tried on four different CD player types. The files are the correct format - .cue

My laptop is an Acer Aspire F 15 running Windows 10

Advice gratefully received!

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I haven't used CD's in a very long time. But bin/cue is a disc image format (like iso files). You can burn them as data, but only a computer (and image mounting software) would be able to open the image and see the contents. As with all image files, you need to open the image using a burning program, and then burn to disc. That will ensure the contents of the image are burned on disc, which in this case, appears to be audio files.

Any burning program should be able to open the image and burn the contents. The process you noted above (ie: dragging and dropping) skips the step where the contents of the image file aref burned to disc and simply burns the image file to disc (ie: the actual bin/cue file).

I use ImgBurn for all of my burning needs. Free, easy to use, and supports most all image types.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice