Writing to disc issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrcdem

I started a thread a few weeks concerning my registry, and received some great help. The problem was/is that I actually had/have a couple of related issues. It was kind of a chain reaction of issues that led me to post.

As I stated in that post, I know just enough about computers to be dangerous. For that reason, I decided I want to go back to square one and reinstall my OS. Right or wrong, it's a "peace-of-mind" thing for me. Before I reinstalled the OS I wanted to back up all my files. When I attempted to write my files to a disc, I started having issues. (One of the reasons I want to do a clean reinstall is so I can know with relative certainty if issues like this are hardware or software related).

When I started having trouble writing files to a CD, I went to www.pcpitstop.com and did their free scan to see if I could figure out where problems might be. That scan showed that I had a lot of issues with my registry . . . which prompted my original post on this forum.

That being said, I received a lot of valuable advice on the harm of using a registry cleaner. Admittedly, I have used the Ccleaner registry scan in the past, but thanks to the info I received here I don't plan to use any registry cleaners in the future.

flavallee suggested that the onboard CD writing program wasn't the best and I should try Ashampoo Burn Studio. I didn't have an opportunity to try it until last night. It acts like everything is okay, and gives me the "Files were successfully written to CD" message at the end. But when I reinsert the CD - it's blank. I inserted an older CD that I saved files to a while ago, and it pulled up fine. Just wondering why I can't write files to a disc anymore.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online