Writing to removable media files remotely

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Spleendor

So suppose I have a computer-illiterate relative who needs data loaded to an SD card on the home computer, but the computer literate spouse helping her is on a work computer. I know remote desktop solutions allow reading files remotely and saving them locally, but is it possible to share data and WRITE to a removable drive remotely?

TerryNet

Terry
Are you asking if you can transfer files from a local machine to a remote one using some kind of remote desktop connection? The answer to that is yes.

Spleendor

Thanks for that. I just wasn't sure if the i/o functions for all drives on the host/remote machine (CD-R/DVD-R, USB, memory cards) would be enabled in such a scenario.

TerryNet

Terry
I don't know of any issues. Of course, you need somebody there to insert a CD, flash drive or whatever. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online