1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Writing to removable media files remotely

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Spleendor, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Spleendor

Spleendor Thread Starter

So suppose I have a computer-illiterate relative who needs data loaded to an SD card on the home computer, but the computer literate spouse helping her is on a work computer. I know remote desktop solutions allow reading files remotely and saving them locally, but is it possible to share data and WRITE to a removable drive remotely?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Are you asking if you can transfer files from a local machine to a remote one using some kind of remote desktop connection? The answer to that is yes.

3. Spleendor

Spleendor Thread Starter

Thanks for that. I just wasn't sure if the i/o functions for all drives on the host/remote machine (CD-R/DVD-R, USB, memory cards) would be enabled in such a scenario.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't know of any issues. Of course, you need somebody there to insert a CD, flash drive or whatever. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice