1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WRLogonNTF.dll file missing in hijack log... Pls help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stbernardlov, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stbernardlov

stbernardlov Thread Starter

Hello, Can someone take a look at my hijack log for me & tell me what this error means? I am worried... Thanks a bunch! Also, does everything else look allright? Sure seems like there are a lot of instances running for both my Anti-Virus (McCafee) & my Firewall (Zone Alarm) Can any of these be shut off or should they? Thx ;)

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You've got to post the log if you want it reviewed.

Also verify manually whether the file actually exists where it is supposed to be. If it isn't there, you need to reinstall Webroot.

3. stbernardlov

Oops~ hahahhaha

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 5:38:27 PM, on 1/24/2006
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
    C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
    C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
    c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
    c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
    c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
    C:\Program Files\Cookie Crusher\ccrusher.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.adasheriff.org/
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:5555
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
    O16 - DPF: {200B3EE9-7242-4EFD-B1E4-D97EE825BA53} (VerifyGMN Class) - http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn/install/hpobjinstaller_gmn.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/4,0,0,101/mcinsctl.cab
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - WRLogonNTF.dll (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
    O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
    O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Well it looks like you have uninstalled Webroot Spysweeper and that entry got left behind.

There should be another startup for Webroot in the 04 list if it were there.

If it has been uninstalled, try checking and "fixing" the entry in HijackThis. If not, you need to reinstall it.

If HijackThis cannot remove it, let me know and I will give you directions on manually editing the registry to remove it.

Everything else looks copacetic; I wouldn't disable any current startups. McAfee is just that way normally. I haven't seen any particular problems with them lately. They seem to be doing better than Symantec these days.

5. stbernardlov

I just have one quick question to the experts! ;)
    Currently, I am using Ad-Aware, Spybot & Spyware Blaster. Recently, I have installed: Advanced Windows Care & No Clonewhich is a pretty cool program that lets you know if you have two or more of the same entry on your comp. Let's just say that, I had quite a few. ;)
    In the past, I have also had Ccleaner, CW Shredder & Ewido.
    My question is which ones are good & can I have too many Spyware Remover's? I usually research them before I download them but everyone's rating greatly differ. Which are the good ones guys!!! Any opinions ;)

6. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Everyone has their own philosophy. Frankly mine is "less is better". But this depends on your own browsing and useage habits, level of experience -- and who else might be using the computer.

I run with only the XP firewall and AVG (which never sees anything that I don't know is there already). I keep up to date on only the most critical patches, but recommend that most folks install them all if they are not experienced enough to judge.

I use Internet Explorer only when necessary. Opera is my preferred browser, but I also have the latest Firefox for support purposes.

I create restore points prior to every install -- and use it readily even for minor issues when the solution looks time consuming.

I have never had to reinstall.

7. stbernardlov

Thx hot stuff! ;)

8. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

9. stbernardlov

I still have a quick question to the experts!
    Currently, I am using Ad-Aware, Spybot & Spyware Blaster. Recently, I have installed: Advanced Windows Care & No Clonewhich is a pretty cool program that lets you know if you have two or more of the same entry on your comp. Let's just say that, I had quite a few.
    In the past, I have also had Ccleaner which I have not been able to successfully install for some reason. I download it, it looks to partially install but then nothing happens... Anyway, I've also used CW Shredder & Ewido.
    My question is which ones are good & can I have too many Spyware Remover's? I usually research them before I download them but everyone's rating greatly differ. Which are the good ones guys!!! Any opinions? Which is a good Registry Cleaner??? ;)

10. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

You might want to try a separate thread for that question -- perhaps in "all other software" or "security".

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice