1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wrong date and times on Emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by quiz, May 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. quiz

quiz Thread Starter

My clock is correct on my computer and when I send mail to myself it is correct. But in my mail to others it is always wrong. This is on my isp and webbased mail. What can I do? I have been online and sent mail and got it straight back and can see it for myself as well as hearing from people asking me what is wrong with my clock.

2. bd

bd

Hi quiz,
    Is the time and/or date off the same amount each time or does it vary? Is the amount a regular interval like even days ,hours,minutes etc. or is it a combination of them. Bob

3. quiz

quiz Thread Starter

I didn't look into those fine details but will if you think it will help, but it was always the next morning early hours if I was writing the day before. But I've only just been made aware of it.

4. bd

bd

Hi quiz,
    Just trying to get a clue to what is happening. Try typing the current time shown on your computer in an email and send it to me. I'll see if I can figure out anything from that. Bob

btw:got to thinking it might help if you could include the time zone you are in there.

[This message has been edited by bd (edited 05-10-2000).]

5. quiz

quiz Thread Starter

bd Thanks for your attention. You reminded me when you mentioned about the time zone how I had fiddled around with the time screen after an introductory computer course I had done. I went into the time screen and saw I had the wrong country in the time zone! I just put in the correct one and hopefully now the problem will be solved. I'll do what you said if it is no good later. The odd thing is my date and time in the bottom of the screen was always right just occasionally a few minutes slow.

6. bd

bd

Hi Quiz,
    Hope you got it. That is where I was heading but I didn't remember enough to tell you what to try without looking into it. Bob

7. LarryCore

LarryCore

It sounds to me like your ISP has an Email server that is time stamping your Email for you.

A friend of mine has a company Email account like that. He is in IL, but his company headquarters (and Email server) is in Denmark. All his Email time/date stamps are in Denmark time.

------------------
    Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech
    (4/29 free $5 added - free computer headset extended to 5/31!):
    http://www.rkfdcore.com/ebaypics/referrals.htm

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/30592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice