1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wrong home page

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by dave nickson, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave nickson

dave nickson Thread Starter

Hello.
    I have an HP Pavilion running Windows XP 2.8 processor, 1024 ram
    My problem is:
    My home page is set to be the 'Virgin net' page, this is confirmed when i go into internet properties and connections, because it says 'Virgin.net' ect ect, but when i open the internet explorer icon it sends me to a page called 'allsecruitynotes.com. This telling me I have allsorts of Spyware on board.
    When I change back to the Virgin net page, close the internet, go back to it later, it will have changed back to the 'allsecruitynotes' page.
    I have run Ad aware several times it says all clear, so i tried Spybot, this found some more nasties, cleared them all.
    I am using Norton antivirus, this is coming out as all Ok.
    Other pages are available as I was recommended to yourselves by the Virgin Tech team, and thats how I'm here.
    Help please
    Dave Nickson
    UK

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    yeah you have certainly got something. Looks like one of those ones that changes the default settings no matter what you do. I will get this post moved to Security for better assistance. In the mean time, make a new folder (ie C:\Highjackthis) and download HighJackThis into that folder. Then install it. After installing it, run it and click on Run Scan and save log file. After the scan, it should ask you to save it. Save it and then it should show the scan in Notepad. Copy and paste the entire log here. Someone will take a look at it to help you get rid of the spyware/malware

3. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

I'll move your post to the Security forum and have a look at your log when you post it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice