Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrong keystroke output.

958 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DaveA 
#1 ·
I'm having a rather unusual problem. On certain programs (Such as firefox) my keyboard layout gets rearranged. Below is what the rearranged version looks like.

It's still normal on most Microsoft programs so far, like IE and notepad, but on Firefox and GIMP 2.8, this new layout sometimes gets used. Not always, and not always right away. Sometimes the program is in use for an hour or so before it starts.
On-screen keyboard notices the change every time I switch between an affected program and, say, notepad, and I don't think it's a problem with the keyboard or my language settings since it only affects certain programs. However, for reference, my keyboard is a Dell Ps/2 of unknown age (but surprisingly decent condition.) My language settings are english, USA. My computer is a Dell Dimension 3000.

See less See more
#4 ·
you reported the post
Hello, I posted this a while ago and I am now thinking I should have placed it in
> Software & Hardware > All Other Software.
Thank you for your time.
your probably in the correct forum here - All Other Software is not really the forum for this issue , as it appears to be a windows issue - it maybe a virus/malware issue, but we can wait and see DaveA suggestions following your reply to his question

#5 ·
After rereading every thing, I have nothing else to suggest.

You have restarted the machine and not just do a suspend, sleep or hibernation, but a full Shut down and start up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.