Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stonedking

Hi, I've been searching the internet for days trying to find a fix for my problem. So, recently something has happened to my computer, out of nowhere the native resolution displays as 1024x768 instead of 1360x768 and instead of Samsung, the monitor shows as simply analog or generic non-pnp. I've been trying to reinstall the video card drivers, I've done it in safe mode too as instructed on some forums, I also went to device manager and updated my monitor driver, but nothing happened. I even formatted my HDD and installed windows 10 on it again, but still with no results.I have also taken out the power cable out of the monitor and leave it that way for a few minutes because some people suggested that might fix the problem finally, I've checked the VGA port for broken or bent pins and found nothing. I am out of ideas, what else could I do? My specs are: Intel core2duo E8400 3.00GHz video card GeForce 9800 GT and 4 GB of ddr3 ram the system I run it's called ThinkCentre m58.

Have you tried running the driver install as administrator?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

managed

Allan
You said you tried to update the Video drivers, did you succeed ?

stonedking

You said you tried to update the Video drivers, did you succeed ?
Yes, the driver for the GPU seems to be alright and installed properly though my screen image it's not so clear as it used to be before when my monitor was detecting the right native resolution which in my case is 1360x768.

stonedking

Here is your users manual:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200906/20090629091801906/BN68-02391D-00L01-0625.pdf
Page 9 has the jacks on the back of it. Which one are you using to connect to your PC?
Page 35 has the resolutions that the TV supports; but, you need to be very careful about the vertical refresh rate.
I am connecting through the VGA port at the moment, I forgot to mention but when I connect through HDMI the monitor gets detected but there is a yellow tint over the screen and the brightness get very high.

managed

Allan
It shows the name of my GPU.
Thanks, that confirms the correct driver is installed.

If you right-click the Desktop > Display settings then click the drop down arrow by Resolution what options are shown ?

stonedking

Thanks, that confirms the correct driver is installed.

If you right-click the Desktop > Display settings then click the drop down arrow by Resolution what options are shown ?
It shows all the resolutions from 800x600 up to 2560x1600. But I know for sure my monitor won't support that kind of resolution.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online