Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrong processor speed

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  therebel21 
#1 ·
can anyone help i have a amd athlon 1800 ghz cpu but it is showing only 1200 ghz how can i change this

#3 ·
Hey guys, I got a question for ya'll. I made a cpu and here are it's specs.

Asus A7N8X-Deluxe
AMD Barton 2500
256 MB Kingston HyperX PC 3200
160GB 7200RPM MAXTOR HD with 8MB cahce
Raedon 9600 Pro
Win XP Home

When I go into system properties, it says my cpu is running @ only 1.08 Ghz.....when it should be much faster than that. Also, when the comp boots up, it says my memory is only running at 200 FSB. The jumpers on my mobo are set to run the memory from either 400 / 333 / 266 / 200 MHz. There is a choice to set the jumpers at 200 MHz only but it's not set at that. I was wondering what I can do to fix these problems. Thank ya'll for your help.

Oh ya one more question, my mobo has a "SATA Silicon ImageR Sil 3112A Controller with 2 ports that Support RAID 0/1" . Does that mean I need to buy a RAID controller or does my mobo have that already. Also, if I do want to set it up, am i going to need to need to buy SATA HD's?

LOL another question that came up. When I used the MAXBlast partition software that came with my HD, it only formated 137 MB out of the 160MB. I know about that limit in older mobo's and WinXP, but I read that the ASUS A7N8X mobo was new enough to break that limit. Do I have to enable it somehow or should I just buy that $50 PC card that does it?

TY for any help I can get. :)

#6 ·
therebel21, you want to set those jumpers to 333FSB....technically, it only runs at 166, but since it's Double Data Rate, they mark it as 333 (166x2 = 333) The RAID thing means that it will run RAID 0 or RAID 1 with SATA drives, but I think they sell connectors to convert IDE to SATA if you ever want to experiement with RAID...

With the hard drive, you could just make another partition on it to take up the rest of the space, or there may be a BIOS update available for it.

SPARKY710139, you have the same problem, if you can't find jumpers on the motherboard for the FSB, then it's probably in the BIOS somewhere, except you only want to change it to 133mhz (or 266 if it's listing the doubled rates).

#7 ·
On the A7N8X, if you set it at 200, it will auto sense everything at 200(400DDR), and below it. In other words, it will auto sense a 333 fsb processor even though the jumper is at 200. Additionally, if you ever overclock that barton 2500, and you dont have the jumper set at 200(400DDR) your AGP/PCI will get out of spec unless you lock AGP in the bios at 66. So you really want to have that jumper at 200 - even though you are running a 333 fsb processor. If it's a revision 2.0 board then what i said applies, if it's revision 1.2 then it doesn't apply. In that case (rev 1.2) you indeed would need to set it @ 166 only for that proccessor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.