1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wrong version of msvcrt.dll

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by louc, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. louc

louc Thread Starter

Hi,
    Can anymore tell me where I can download the file msvcrt.dll as I installed a program onto my computer which changed the version of msvcrt.dll that I had to a early one and now it is messing with some of my other program startups. Thankyou for your help, Bye

2. brindle

brindle

3. louc

louc Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. I have already tried that one. It is actually version 6.10.9359.0 and the file name is called msvcrt.dll:_lc_collate_cp
    Sorry for putting the wrong info down in my orginal post.
    bye

4. brindle

brindle

Did you try to extract the .dll from your installation CD

5. john1

john1

6. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

7. louc

louc Thread Starter

Hi,
    Thanks everyone for your help, but I didn,t have any luck in fixing the problem.

This same problem happen to me at the beginning of year and the way I fixed it was to install the lastest version of Internet Explorer which at the time ws IE6 SP1.I was thinking if I reverted back to me previous version of IE and then re installed IE 6 (SP1) would this convert my msvcrt.dll-cp-collate.cp file back to the version I need or am I making more problems for myself.Help!!!!!!:confused:

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167418

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice