1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wrongly accused of logging on a PC

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by avedis, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. avedis

avedis Thread Starter

Hi,

I need help and hopefully a logical answer. :confused:

I was wrongly accused to have logged on a PC yesterday, and as proof, they exhibited my profile that appeared in the C:\Documents and Settings\my username.

I did logon to that PC 2 months ago, which i don't deny, as show the local settings, the desktop, my documents, etc... with the date of 2 months ago when i first and ONLY TIME logged on to that PC.

However, i NEVER logged onto that PC yesterday, nevertheless, there is a NTUSER.DAT.LOG txt in my profile on that PC, with the date of yesterday !!!!!

How is this possible ???? (gremlins excluding ;-) . Also nobody could have logged with my password.

I would so much appreciate your help, as they are threatening with disciplinary action, in light of my profile showing a NTUSER.DAT.LOG with this date of yesterday on that PC and they don't believe that i did NOT login yesterday. :mad:

Thanks so much for your help, and a maybe a logical answer

Attached Files:

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Well obviously someone has your password and logged on with your account. If this is at work I suggest changing your password and being careful who is around when you log in. Oh if you have the password saved so you do not have to type it in or saved else where on the computer delete it right away.

3. avedis

avedis Thread Starter

Hi Ozrom1e,

Thanks for the reply. However, it is NOT possible someone used my password, as only i know it and don't write it down and it's a complex password.

Also, at the time it says i logged in, there was no one on the PC, the PC is just behind me, and i was on my own during that shift logged on my own PC.

Is it possible that the register key updated/created the file ?

i'm just not that familiar with that specific ntuser.dat.log file. Does it only appears when someone logs in ? There has to be another explanation.

I checked the net but there is not much on it beside some virus issues or when people cannot open it.

4. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

If you really didn't do it then there are a thousand ways someone could have gotten your password - a nice friend a work with a keylogger comes to mind...looking over your shoulder while you logged on...a security camera etc...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice