1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WRT54G V6 Won't Port Forward

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Paul533, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul533

Paul533 Thread Starter

I have read the posts regarding WRT54G port forwarding problems, have contacted Linksys support who confirmed that the configuration setting were conrrect and cannot get port forwarding to work. I am attempting to view a Canon VB-C50iR camera from the internet that is wire connected to the router. The router is connected to a Scientific Atlanta DPC2100 cable modem with Time Warner as the ISP. The router is a WRT54G v.6 with current firmware. I have confirmed with the ISP that they are not blocking any ports. I also confirmed that camera configuration is correct with Canon.

I created as static IP address for the camera outside of the DHCP automatic addresses set by the router. I can access the camera without a problem within the network both on a wired and wireless basis.

I configured and enabled the required ports to be forwarded but cannot access the camera from the internet. I have also attempted to access the camera after disabling port forwarding and enabling DMZ to the IP address of the camera.

With the ports forwarded or in DMZ, the ports are not open as tested with Open Port Check Tool.

I configured the router for remote access over the internet and can access the setup function without a problem. The remote access port for the router does appear open with Open Port Check Tool.

Help please! Thanks.

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Have you forwarded ports for any other device or software, do they work on that router?

The only thing I can think of is if your ISP has your IP address behind their firewall, known as a private IP.

I know you said you asked them, but you might call back and ask a technician if your IP address is Public or Private.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice