1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WRT54GL VPN issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by warhawk03, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warhawk03

warhawk03 Thread Starter

I've gotten my VPN server up and running on my Windows XP Pro machine. Within my network I'm able to connect to my VPN server with a VPN connection, however, once I am outside my home network, I cannot connect and seem to be getting error 721 while trying. I've forwarded necessary ports on the router's firewall and enabled PPTP passthrough. I'm running a WRT54GL Linksys router, and I keep on coming up with error 721. Where am I going wrong? I feel like it is something with the router not allowing a VPN server to be hosted behind it. Clients can connect out to an offsite VPN server, which is what the passthrough is for, but it doesn't work oppositely. Any help would be much appreciated guys.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice