1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ws-ftp Pro: How to save and export account list?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by theMusicMan, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theMusicMan

theMusicMan Thread Starter

Hi All

Can anyone remind me how one does this using WS-ftp Pro please. I am certain I have done this before and have saved all the account data from the ws-ftp instance on one PC, then imported this to another instance of WS-ftp on another PC.

I have recently got myself a new Dell D820 and am re-building all my apps etc. I have so many ftp accounts (for many clients) that I can't remember the account credentials for most of them and so to copy the details over would be superd.

Can anyone remind me please. Thanks.

2. Dan O

Dan O

I have not used WS-ftp Pro in a while, but I think you can select where your profiles are stored using the Options menu. Once you know where they are stored you can copy them to a USB or floppy disk to move them.

I also moved your thread as it not an OS question.

3. theMusicMan

I don't see that option there Dan sorry. I am certain I have done this before, just can't for the life of me remember how I did it!!!! grrrrr

4. Dan O

Dan O

Man, I cannot believe no one else responded.

I will look around for an answer.

5. theMusicMan

Thanks Dan, appreciated. I still haven't managed to export/import the accounts and would appreciate any help... thanks.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice