1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Wsearch can not start error in Event Viewer, I dont use it?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by paulb100, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

I installed a free event viewer app and noticed that I sometimes get this error which is pointing to the search service - it IS disabled and thats why it probably fails, but what I cant work out is why its even trying to launch the service?

I went to uninstall Windows Desktop Search 4.0 and it said that it may have already been uninstalled and removed it from add&remove programs

I use XP SP3 32-Bit

I think its happening when I boot the computer, ive checked services and startup using Autoruns & HJT and theres nothing to say that Windows Search or anything using it is running at boot, ive ran MalwareBytes and SAS and gotten clean results..

if anyone could help with this it would be great - its not causing any problems, im just curious as to whats causing it too run?

thanks

Type : Error
    Date : 24/09/2012
    Time : 22:51:19
    Event : 10005
    Source : DCOM
    Category : None
    User : MOTHER\Paul
    Computer : MOTHER
    Description:
    DCOM got error "%1058" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments ""
    in order to run the server:
    {7D096C5F-AC08-4F1F-BEB7-5C22C517CE39}

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!