1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wsop/directx/memory problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by craig7368, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. craig7368

craig7368 Thread Starter

I've been trying to install world series of poker toc game installed ok but directx error came up so I updated dx fixed that prob. but got another error (game cannot continue because a direct3d display device could not be created)so I've been working on this for about a month I've updated all drivers, talked to ms, activision and things have gone from bad to worse not only does the game still not work but my dxdiag used to say total 64.0 mb now says 32.0 mb my system is winxp home pc is 512mb 3.? gh intell pent 4.
    Attatching 2 dxdiag info files that show the diferences.
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Well the SiS integrated graphics aren't good for gaming. You may be better off buying a cheap 128MB Directx 9.0 AGP video card.

The GeForce 6200 or Radeon 9550 are very cheap and miles ahead of integrated SiS graphics: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...CodeValue=683:9610&PropertyCodeValue=683:9611

You can adjust the size of the shared video memory in the BIOS setup of your motherboard, thats likely where the memory size was changed.

3. craig7368

craig7368 Thread Starter

Thank you Triple6 I was able to change the shared memory in the set up from 32 to 64 although it was in the advanced chipset not the bios but would have never figured it out without the help.
    Now about the sis gfx card, is there to make the one I have work ? Because I would hate to have to pay $ 50.00 take my pc apart to play a game that only cost $20.00 and every thing else on my pc works fine and I'm not a big gamer.
    Are there any other benefits to getting a new card ?I use my pc mostly for invoices pics and music. THAK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Do you have the latest drivers installed for the SiS graphics?

5. craig7368

craig7368 Thread Starter

Yes i've done all the updating from sis I have the 3.73 logo dated 3/9/2006 Ihad a 03 version and updated to the 06. Now I read somebody elses thread that had the same problem and it to download the 377 logo so I tried that dnld the zip to the dt expanded went to set up and got this error (the system cannot detect the device please confirm that the device is configured properly andthen restart the set up program).
    And yes I uninstalled the current one first. Not sure if that file is compatible with my gfx card. or if I'm just not doing it right. THX

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It sounds like the right driver, and if its installs correctly then it would be the right one.

Many games don't work with SiS graphics, or a lot of the other integrated graphics chips like Intel and VIA/S3.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!