1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WTH system virus: help help help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by integer, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. integer

integer Thread Starter

HEY, my system has been infected by a virus I believe or so type of bot all "exe" fiiles are lost.

"I recieve a msessge saying windows can not find blah blah blah. Make sure your typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start buttoon, and then click search."

What is odd is I had Norton antivirus up to date as of a two days ago and Norton Firewall. I also had been running spybot periodically to. when I look at all my current processes I dont see anything new I dont think and nothing harmful but then agian I dont know what might have caused this so I really have no clue. I have an exe file that produces a startup list but it wont run and I recieve the same error as before this is when I navigate to it and manually click the file to start even.

Plzz help I cant do anything I have tried the last good configuration and nothing I try has worked.

2. integer

integer Thread Starter

can anyone help me with this

3. KeithKman

KeithKman

4. integer

integer Thread Starter

I did that soome time ago as well as last known good configuration, tried system restore cant run any and I do mean any exe's. I tried all possible fixes that I mentioned in safe mode and one in cmd. I tried a regfile to restore xp exe paths or whatever could not run all I get when doing all of these is recieve the area which I have meantioned previously.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice