1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wuaudt.exe process is a memory hog-HELP

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by geno368, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geno368

geno368 Thread Starter

Apr 30, 2006
    :( I have a laptop with 512mb ram and when I bring it up, it is slow as sleepy snails. I don't have lagging temp files..I delete daily...I know Norton slows it some at first boot, but the wuaudt.exe shows hogging the CPU resource for a very long time..sometime when I am surfing, I even loose my pointer. Even when it is idle, I open task manager and that process is using 97% constantly...The system would not let me change the priorty from normal to low?? Can anyone help?:)
  2. Knotbored

Jun 5, 2004
    It seems to be a file related to windows update, but it can also be a trojan disguised. This site gives a good explanation and ways to determine if its legitimate.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/516774