1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wubi user ID & PW

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 80yearold, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 80yearold

80yearold Thread Starter

New laptop plenty room but was unable to partition (win7) so tried wubi and user ID came up Allen
    my first name. I tried every PW I have ever used plus tried just without PW. Please someone help this challenged old man and thank you

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi and Welcome,
    Wubi doesn't require a partition it installs & runs within Windows. Is it Ubuntu (Wubi) that's asking for a p/w or is it Windows?

Richard

3. 80yearold

80yearold Thread Starter

In tried to partition my HD using gparted something I am quite familiar with, bur win 7 does not like gparted.\So my next thought was wubi and it or something requires a PW. It showed Allen my name fot ID and I tried everything I ever used for PW with luck.
    I want Ubuntu on HD first option, but I need a partition device besides gparted. 2nd option is load it on my 149GB ext3 (USB external) So need someone to take me on that trip. Finally if those fail then Wubi and get pass this PW thing. Can User ID be changed? If so how. Sorry that I did not explain this from get go. Breaking in a new PC as well as a new home and I am bit strung out

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't understand your problem with GParted, but I prefer EASEUS Partition Master when possible. It runs in Windows.

I don't quite understand your Wubi password issue either. When you install Ubuntu it asks you to provide a user name and password, and the default (suggested) user name is your first name. If you have forgotten what password you gave it at that time just uninstall Wubi (in Control Panel - Programs and Features) and then re-install it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973375

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice