1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wusb600n locking up

Discussion in 'Networking' started by barfish, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barfish

barfish Thread Starter

Recently obtained a linksys wusb600n v.2 wireless adapter. The range and sensitivity are awesome but it has some real annoying issues. The problem I'm having with the adapter is that it randomly shuts itself down (maybe three to ten times a day) and when it quits it locks up and will not work again until I hard reboot. Here's a list of the issues:
    1. Every time the adapter shuts itself off it will lock up the restart /turnoff option on the computer and I have to hard reboot. Pretty sure I had to replace the power supply due to this issue. Computer will shutdown/restart normally if adapter is running normally.
    2. When adapter shuts itself down it will locate other wifi signals but not mine (most of the time). If it does recognize my signal it won't reconnect unless I hard reboot. My previous adapter wusb54gc did not have these problems. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software numerous times. I tried using Ralinks drivers (same chipset) but couldnÂ’t get it working. Finally I just plugged the adapter in and let XP take over but it keeps shutting down and locking up. have googled the crap out of this and found out that there are a lot disgruntled wusb600n owners having similar problems. Linksys support is a joke! I am running a dinosaur presario s5140wm with 512 ram with XP home (Obama will find me a job and I will get a new computer). My wifi connection is provided through my apartment community and is pretty strong. My question is do I junk this thing or is there a workaround? THANKS

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, this certainly sounds like either a driver issue or perhaps defective hardware. I'd start by getting the latest drivers for the device and if that doesn't fix it, send it back for an exchange.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice