1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WWAN Bearer type issue with 3Mobile Broadband

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Feetrus, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feetrus

Feetrus Thread Starter

I am using 3 mobile broadband and I am now getting the following error message every time I try to connect, AND the 1st time ever the message appeared was 29/12/09, it hadnt appeared before then !

"Software activation has made '201' unsuccessful attempts over 'WWAN' bearer type. The software will be blocked for 'WWAN' connections after '799' more failed attempts. Contact your system administrator for more information"

I can click ok then log on but obviously the attempts I have had is diminishing rapidly!

I contacted 3 and have been told by them to uninstall and reinstall software/hardware which I did, but it didnt get rid of the issue but they're saying there are no issues with their software/hardware and it's my Windows XP.

The dongle is a new one Huawei E1550 which I got with a new contract with 3 in September. I've had no issues with dongles before !!

I've also emailed Huawei too to no avail !

This issue seems to have had a posting before but appears to have had no conclusion......

5 year old Fujitsu Siemens Amilo PI1505 running Windows XP

Help please.........anyone ..............

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/891082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice