1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WXP Problem w/Boot disks

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by signtech, Nov 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. signtech

signtech Thread Starter

I’m trying to install WXP on a partition for a dual OS, I’ve downloaded the 6 boot disks from MS, but in loading the fourth disk I get “file corrupted DMIO. SYS” and it stops the loading.

Does anybody have an idea on how could be done a little bit easier.

2. svengal1

svengal1

I have downloaded the 6 disks from Microsoft to boot into Windows XP and I did not have a problem besides the amount of time that it takes to load the entire set of disks. Why can't you use the cd-rom to start up the windows setup? I have never run a dual boot system but I don't see why you won't be able to load off of the cd-rom.

3. signtech

signtech Thread Starter

It will not start from the CD-ROM, how can this done via DOS?

4. svengal1

svengal1

I guess that would be a good reason that it won't load off of the cd-rom.

I would actually try formatting the floppy disks and run the program to put the win xp boot to the 6 disks and try the floppy again.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Make sure you have the CD-ROM in the boot sequence before the hard drivce in the BIOS.

If you want try making the disks again - floppy disk are unreliable and die all the time. Use a different set of disks or at least a different disk 4.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/177927

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice