1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

wxWindows (text boxes)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by frogdot, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frogdot

frogdot Thread Starter

Hi

I use a 3D graphics program called Poser5. They have issued 4 service releases. The first two worked fine, but 3 and 4 cause the program to freeze-up whenever I click on the text boxes that pop-up to change settings. Prior to installing the SR3 or 4, the boxes read 0.0000, after, they read 00000, the decimal is missing. Tech suport called them wxWindows. Here's what they wrote me:
    The text boxes that appear when you click on any of the paramter values are "wxWindows" boxes which interface directly with Windows. This is essentially the Operating System at this point (similar in a way to renaming a file). There must be something running in the background possibly a startup item or service that is conflicting.

They suggested disabling all non-system programs through msconfig, then reboot, which I did, to no avail. I have regularly run Spybot-search & destroy, Adaware, Norton Windoctor. I've looked at event logs and haven't seen evidence of an error at the time of the freeze up (if I'm looking in the right place- Admin tools).

Any ideas where to look for whatever conflict my pc is having? Tech support has never heard of this problem and can't/won't help.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice