Solved WYSIWYG Web building App/Program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mary H

Hi,

I normally build my websites from scratch. However, I am working on a website for someone who needs to be able to update the content of the site frequently and she would like to be able to do that herself. (I would like that too.)
She has tried Wordpress.com but there is not enough options with theme layouts for her.

What programs are available that would allow her to take the finished site and be able to update it herself without a lot of knowledge of html, css, etc. Basically one she could change content by site.

I do not know at the moment whether she is on Windows or Mac so both suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Mary

JiminSA

Jim
Kompozer is a drag and drop WYSIWYG editor, which also allows source code editing (I cut my teeth on this software many moons back ;)) ...

colinsp

Colin
Look at Wordpress.org. This is self hosted and as a result you can use any theme you like and are not limited like you are on .com they are two separate entities.

If you go the standard html route you are likely to end up with your client screwing up the site with her editing.

There are other CMS's such as Joomla and Drupal that may do what she wants.

LauraMJ

Administrator
Self hosting WordPress gives you many more options. Much different than hosting through WordPress. For even more, spring for a really nice paid for template like Salient which includes a visual composer and much more. Or, purchase the stand alone Visual Composer to add to a free template. Once you have Visual Composer on the account, it's very similar to a WYSIWYG editor, so far as updating the existing site is concerned.

JiminSA

Jim
Sorry Mary H, I should have thought of this sooner(n) - Barebones CMS is a really neat system written in php, which, with a bit of php and Sql knowledge, you could write a Content Management System alongside your client's website which would enable your client to maintain non-static parts of the site(y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online