1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

X-Fi Fatal1ty Front Panel not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by angelkiller117, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angelkiller117

angelkiller117 Thread Starter

I have the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty with the front panel and the headphone and mic jack aren't working. I had it installed before and it worked, then I had it installed for awhile because I didn't have any room, and now it's back in. I have everything hooked up and it is receiving power, but the head phones and mic are not working nor are they being detected. I have installed and uninstalled the drivers and I have the newest ones. I have Windows XP

I don't know what else to do, thanks for any help!

2. By_Rock

By_Rock

Make sure your default sound driver is your sound card on your windows xp control panel. And make sure your mic is your default recording device. If it is correct, try to ports on your sound card (not to front panel).

3. angelkiller117

well my speakers work from the back and in the control panel on recording and playback there's only one thing listed SB X-Fi Audio E800.

4. angelkiller117

5. angelkiller117

anyone else have a suggestion?

6. By_Rock

By_Rock

If you sure you connect correct the connection cord card to front panel. Change your card setting with the creative sound software. Change it as default settings.

7. angelkiller117

I tried that too : \

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753658