x1950 Pro PSU requirement

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

firewire36

Hi, I'm new to tech support forums and i just wanted to find out if i can use the x1950 pro on my computer i have. I have a p5gd1-vm motherboard with an intel pentium 4 3.0ghz processor, 1.5ghz pc3200 ram and 350W vantec van-350n power supply.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/assets/images/storage/VAN-350N-spec.jpg except in my PSU the DC output is 323W Max output

x1950 Pro
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10081500&catid=10524

if this isnt good enough can anyone reccomend a good PSU that would also be good for future upgrades.

Thank you.

crjdriver

A short answer no. ATI says a min of 450W with at least 30amp on the 12V rail for that card. It looks like you are running a prescott cpu. If that is correct, then I would go with a min of 550W and 35amp on the 12V rail.

Do not go cheap on the pw supply. Doing so can [and often does] cause ALL types of problems.

crjdriver

I am no fan of ocz products however it would probably work. Here is a link to a FPS unit Note this one has a combined 60amps on the 12V and it is a little cheaper.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online