1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

x54 problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bejasus, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bejasus

Bejasus Thread Starter

Hi, new here and not an expert, so be gentle with me.
    I have a Philips freevents which I purchased new a few years ago. It has been a pretty reliable machine up to now with the only fault being a u/s pixel line on the right of the screen.
    Lately however, on booting the machine, it gets as far as the Windows XP loading screen and then goes into reboot. It does this continually and ignores commands to run in safe mode etc. I had someone take a look at it and was told that the fan wasn't working but not what the fault was except that it could be a hard drive or motherboard problem. My friend rewired the fan for me so that it runs all the time, and when I get back to my home base I will obviously back everything up onto my standalone hard drive. That quick fix, seems to have cured the reboot problem but obviously not the issue. Anyone any ideas.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice