X600 Pro 128mb

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lax987

I have two questions about this card, which i can afford in the 128MB and possibly the 256MB format.

One- How does this graphics card new games, and how is the preformance?
And is it similar in preformance to the nvidia 6600 PCI-E 128MB?

Two- The ATI X600 card is labeled SAPP/ATI X600 PRO PCI-E, while the nVIDIA's says ASUS in front of them. Does mean that the nVIDIA are the only cards compatible or do the SAPP/ATI work for the asus motherboards as well??

Thx for any help.

lax,

unlax and Google: X600 Pro reviews

You'll find articles with facts, tests, rather than opinions.

(how come nobody uses the resources of the internet? might as well erase the databases.)

As you are probably aware these cards only work with the new motherboards with the PCI-E slot. I'm sure they both would run the latest games quite well. I've seen reviews that seem to like the 6600 somewhat better, but it will be a while before I have any personal experience with a PCI-E card. ASUS makes video cards as well as motherboards and the ATI card is probably manufactured by Sapphire. Except for occasional odd compatibility problems video cards are not limited to any particular system or motherboard manufacturer (with the right slot of course).

lax987

actually ive used the internet for several of the parts that i have considered for my PC. But when i finally get set on a certain one, and i post it in the forums, someone has had one and doesn't like it, or I'm told I should upgrade it

Just wanted to know how the X600 runs preformance wise for people who own one or know someone who has one.

Triple6

Rob
There are probably hundreds of companies that make video card using NVidia or ATI chips. Nvidia does not make video cards at all if I'm not mistaken while ATI does. The ones ATI makes themselves are label plain ATI or Built by ATI. So for example the ASUS FX5700 is made by ASUS using the NVidia FX5700 GPU. It doesn't mean its the only card that will work with an ASUS motherboard - any other brand card will and the ASUS card will work with non-ASUS baords as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online