1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

x800 XT PCI-Express came with no 6-Pin power adaptor.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hellyeah17, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hellyeah17

hellyeah17 Thread Starter

Alright. I bought my x800 XT PCI-Express OEM. It didn't come with the 6-Pin power adaptor, so I'm completely stuck. NO STORES around here sell them. None. So my last resort is to make my own. My question is, does anyone have the blueprints for this? I'm SO aggrivated with ATI right now.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Where did you buy it? They might be able to get it or if its not a built by ATI card tehn contact the company who manufacturered it. OEM hardware does not always come with all the bells and whistles but I would assume it would include such an important component. I haven't seen the 6 pin plug yet - got a picture?

3. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

This got me curious so I checked it out via newegg and I see no 6 pin voltage connecter. It looks to me like it takes a standard FDD connector which if you had bought retail the converter would have come with the card so you could use a regular molex off the PSU. I have one laying here because I had an extra FDD and I figured using it would be more direct. I am attaching a pic of the cables and such that come with the PCIE retail version. No 6 pin I see.

Attached Files:

4. hellyeah17

hellyeah17 Thread Starter

That thing that's connected to the two 4 Pin 12V IS 6 Pin. it's a unique connector.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yup just saw one yesterday. In the above picture its the second one from the top right. You should have got one. I would contact the place you bought it and if they won't give it to you then just return the card and buy it from somewhere else.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/282103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice