1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xbox 360 brigde problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by the_betaryed_94, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. the_betaryed_94

the_betaryed_94 Thread Starter

hey i have been on xbox live for 4 to 5 months working fine now and 3 days ago i turned on my pc like normal then turned on my xbox and it will not get the ip =/
    my m8 came over with his xbox and laptop and he brige his xbox 360 and laptop and it worked fine he recoverd my acc so we could play left 4 dead 2 and soo that meen my acc not banned
    i think it must be my pc not my xbox
    here some snap shots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    taken useing easycap dc60 =]

ok pc snap shots
    brigded
    in red is my easy cap
    [​IMG]
    unbrigded
    [​IMG]
    anything else u guys need? =]

sorry for any miss spelling im dyslexic

thanks

edit
    i have non-Windows firewall or security suite or maybe even some other security application only delfut windows xp fire wall witch is off

tryed brigdeing to my ps3 and it says obtaining ip timed out

2. martn316

martn316

try reseting the router and modem then wait 30 secs and turn the xbox back on ... not sure if it will help but it always worked for me

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Bridge the connections again. Shut down the PC and Xbox and unplug the router. Then plug in router; then boot PC; then turn on Xbox. (Just giving more specifics of martn316's advice.)

If the Xbox still does not get a 192.168.0.x IP address it's probably because of a non-Windows firewall or security suite (or maybe even some other security application) that got mis-configured, corrupted or out of date. Assuming you have one uninstall it and run their Removal Tool if one is provided. You can then reinstall it after testing.

4. the_betaryed_94

im going to try the top bit now i have to firewall/ anti virus aprat from windows fire wall with is off

edit didn't work =[

5. Anthony7

Anthony7

Your xbox is getting an APIPA address 169. This happens when a DHCP server (usually a home router) cannot be reached with discover messages. This is then automatically configured by windows in the 169.x.x subnet. Something is definetly blocking the DISCOVER messages from the xbox from getting to the router, probably caused by third party firewall/software interfering

Like said above try re-bridging.

Also statically configure an address on the xbox and it will work probably, try 192.168.0.5, MASK 255.255.255.0, GATEWAY: 192.168.0.1.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Couple questions, Anthony7. I agree that the Xbox is probably getting an APIPA, but why/how can you state that so matter of factly? And if a firewall is blocking getting an IP configuration, what makes you think that assigning a static IP will do any good? And why are you suggesting an IP address that is almost guaranteed to be in the router's Dhcp server's address range?

7. Anthony7

Anthony7

I dont understand the probably getting an APIPA, what else uses this IP range?

Why do I say try setting a static address? Where I posted from earlier I had to statically set my IP in a DHCP envrio, as the DHCP server was not replying or getting the Discover messages.

This is troubleshooting I dont know that it is going to work if he statically configures an IP, I dont have access to the equipment, we dont know that re-bridging will fix the problem either. If it solves his problem as a temporary solution than great, if not well on to the next thing.

And by default all IP's in the subnet are in the DHCP pool on most SOHO routers, any address I suggested is GUARANTEED to be in the pool.:)

The best thing for the user to do would be to do a packet capture on the network bridge and post the results, so everyone can see what is going on.

Does this not mean after so many Discover messages are broadcasted that the server has not replied(not recieved whatever) and an APIPA address has been configured?

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Not "most"; I'd say "a few," and maybe it's "some," but surely not most. All of my 6 SOHO routers default to about 100 in the Dhcp address range. I'm not going to continue this, as it's not helping the OP.

the_betaryed_94, I don't know what you can do with an Xbox. If you can determine what IP address it has when the bridge is in place, please tell us.

If you previously had a firewall or security suite on the PC what was it?

9. the_betaryed_94

this i geuss i dunno thats all i could find [​IMG]
    i have teamveiwer if any 1 has any ideas

10. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The only two things I can think of are

a. security application, as Anthony7 and I have said before.

b. the NIC on the Xbox is failing. Try the static IP configuration (but my suggestion is to use a much higher last number; say 192.168.0.200).

In your first post you had "tryed brigdeing to my ps3 and it says obtaining ip timed out." You really meant ps3, not Xbox, right? This would be another indication that the problem is with the PC. Or it could be a problem with the cable.

11. the_betaryed_94

no i ment ps3 i have xbox and ps3 and i tryed staic didnt work
    u got teamviewer?

12. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Let's see what you have running on the PC ...

Click here to download HJTInstall.exe
    • Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
    • Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
    • Click on Install.
    • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
    • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
    • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
    • DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

13. the_betaryed_94

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 01:04:01, on 07/04/2010
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\arservice.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\StkASv2K.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\ARPWRMSG.EXE
    C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Belkin\F5D7050v3\Belkinwcui.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
    C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
    c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
    C:\Program Files\TeamViewer\Version5\TeamViewer.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_GB&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_GB&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://search.live.com/sphome.aspx
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://search.live.com
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_GB&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_GB&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_GB&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iesearch&locale=EN_GB&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_GB&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://search.live.com/sphome.aspx
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_GB&c=64&bd=PRESARIO&pf=desktop
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ftutil2] rundll32.exe ftutil2.dll,SetWriteCacheMode
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlwaysReady Power Message APP] ARPWRMSG.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPBootOp] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Boot Optimizer\HPBootOp.exe" /run
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPwuSchd2.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F5D7050v3] C:\Program Files\Belkin\F5D7050v3\Belkinwcui.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
    O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Pin.lnk = C:\hp\bin\CLOAKER.EXE (User 'Default user')
    O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: PinMcLnk.lnk = C:\hp\bin\cloaker.exe (User 'Default user')
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Connection Help - {E2D4D26B-0180-43a4-B05F-462D6D54C789} - C:\WINDOWS\PCHEALTH\HELPCTR\Vendors\CN=Hewlett-Packard,L=Cupertino,S=Ca,C=US\IEButton\support.htm
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
    O23 - Service: Syntek STK1160 Service (StkASSrv) - Syntek America Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\StkASv2K.exe

--
    End of file - 7170 bytes

14. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't see anything that would seem to block the connection. As another test try Safe Mode with Networking.

You only have SP2, but I don't know if SP3 includes any fixes for bridging.

15. the_betaryed_94

can put sp3 on i have compaq with amd =/ cant use safe mode with networking iwth my wifi adpter

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!