1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xbox 360 controller for windows

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jamasto, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamasto

Jamasto Thread Starter

Ok getting really frustrated with this. Purchased a xbox 360 wireless reciever for windows , i have followed all steps correctly it shows up in device manager, it even turns on connects to controller no problem.
    However randomly within 2-5 seconds the controller turns itself off and back on again every 5 seconds..
    Now ive been searching the net for days and ive tried everything.
    Anyone can help with this..

Please note:
    I have a month old new PC windows 7 home premium 64 bit, i5 3570k 3.4ghz ivybridge, 8gb, 500gb HDD. Working flawlessly so its not my system.
    IT IS NOT the batteries or the controllers.. This seems to be the only solution on the net which doesnt work, both work fine with my xbox 360 and ive tried 3 different controllers with all different types of batteries. I have pulled the springs on one of them up so its touching the batteries properly still no luck.

therefore it must be something to do with the configuration on my pc.. reciever looks like its working fine..

Any help is much appreciated :)

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

there were updated drivers for the receiver. I had to search all over to get mine to work right. However I did not have a shut off problem. Think I got the driver from here; http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/downloads#gaming ... I would need to boot my gaming system and check the drivers I used.
    Have you noticed if the light on the receiver blinks or goes out? My thought is something is shutting the receiver off or "blinking" the power causing the controller to think the fake xbox has turned off. Or, did you un-link your controllers from the xbox? wonder if it is still linked and conflicting between the real xbox and the PC. (I forgot to do that and ended up turning on the xbox when connecting to the PC) :D

as with all electronics there is a small chance the receiver is bad. Can you have a friend test if it works on a different computer?

3. SAMF2000

SAMF2000

Other than checking for most updated drivers, make sure your xbox 360 is unplugged. As the controller might be fighting to figure out which device to use...pc or xbox 360.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090428

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice