1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xbox 360 Hard drive troubles

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by inuyasha320, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. inuyasha320

inuyasha320 Thread Starter

Is there a way to get on xbox live with out the xbox 360 storage device

i have a 2GB thumb drive but with I plug it in, the xbox live still doesn't work.

the xbox 360 hard drive costs too much and i cant find a broken one for sale so i can repair it

I have also been looking at alternative methods but could not find what i needed

the memory card also costs a lot and for like $40 more you could just get the hard drive

searched all over google for a way to use a flash drive as a memory card but found nothing

and i cant seem to find empty xbox360 hard drive cases so i can put my own laptop hard drive in it

Later I found this
    http://360sata.com/products.php

i was wondering if theres another form of it that will allow me to plug a regular drive up to it.

I can get a 20GB drive extremely cheap

[​IMG]

it would be great if theres one that works the other way around so i can hook up a good laptop drive to it

people have been doing good things with the xbox but never posted every step taken to do it

[​IMG]

$100 is a ripoff for a 20GB laptop hard drive

i have seen it 100% taken apart, it is just a single sata cable with a few extra pins merged into the connector that supplies both data transfer and power

and some people are able to upgrade the drive to much larger ones since laptop drives are really cheap

i looked and could not find a broken xbox 360 drive that I could get for cheap and load up a new hard drive

In this image, you can see the adapter wire in the xbox hard drive when it is taken apart

[​IMG]

2. D4rkC1own187

D4rkC1own187

3. inuyasha320

thats only for adding a external hard drive (used for saving movies and music to so you can watch them with the xbox 360

the problem is that the xbox 360 will not save info to a drive connected to a USB port on it

they did this so users will be forced to buy the xbox 360 drive that connects to its SATA port

thats why i need a adapter that allows me to hook drives to it

if i was able to get a broken one (it would be really cheap and i would just add like 20-70 GB of storage to it (simple as changing the hard drive

4. inuyasha320

I found this http://wiki.free60.org/HDD?action=show&redirect=Harddrive

the common problem people had is powering the drive because they tried to use a 3.5 inch drive instead of a lower power laptop hard drive

if only I had a adapter, (I have no problem getting the needed files for the new drive, just need a way to connect it

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice