1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xbox 360 & live issues

Discussion in 'Games' started by cpscdave, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cpscdave

cpscdave Thread Starter

I recently ran a ethernet cable to from my Linksys wrt54g V6 router to my xbox.

I had to connect the xbox directly to the modem in order to download the update for the console.

Now I can sign into xbox live can see pretty much all the features but whenever I try and download seomthing or push the connection a bit it either hangs (makes no progress downloading) or I get disconnected from Live.

I have updated the firmware of the router to 1.02 (the latest avaible for the router)
    I have set up the xbox on a static IP and have post 88, and 3074 forwarded to it. I aslo tried setting it up as DMZ.

Nothings seemed to work.

The other issue I'm having incase its relevant or anyone has ideas on how to fix this, is I also want to stream vid/audio from my desktop to the xbox.

I've tried it both with WMP 11 and thier ZUne software (turned on media sharing).
    Both WMP and ZUne saw the Xbox on the network (I think) cause it let me say share w/ the xbox. But when I go to the xbox and try and try to connect to the computer it cant find any.

My computer is also set up with a static IP and only 1 port is forwarded to it, and its for azureus.

Any help would be most appricated as this is annoying the heck outta me :D

2. cpscdave

cpscdave Thread Starter

Tried a different router and now can get dl's etc. Havent been dissconnected. Still cant get the media to work tho....

3. Colonel Skills

Colonel Skills

I have this *exact* same issue, with the exact same router. Every time I use the connection for anything other than hosting games, like downloading things or streaming content, it'll disconnect me.

If I may ask, what router did you upgrade to?

4. JMarch123

JMarch123

What file types are you trying to play with Xbox, it doesn't support all video/audio files.

5. Colonel Skills

Colonel Skills

I am not certain if you are asking me or not, but I will answer anyway.

All I was streaming was MP3s. I was just testing out the feature to see if it would work, and it would play the track for only a couple of minutes before disconnecting.

6. kryptonite1055

kryptonite1055

do you have your set up internet >computer>router> xbox...? I had that same set up the computer will see the xbox but the xbox can't see the comp because the xbox thinks it is only the internet. if you have it set up internet >router >computer & xbox, it should work, or a direct connect from the computer to the xbox it will also work. It worked for me. I have some linksys router, don't know the model #

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!